Using a macbook air. 1password mini no longer opens in Chrome. Still works in Firefox.

19smith57
19smith57
Community Member

How do I get it back on Chrome? Should it work on Safari?

Thank you.

David Smith

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@19smith57 - There are three parts to 1Password: the main application, the 1Password mini that exists in your Mac's menubar at the top of your screen, and the browser extension that is contained in the top bar of your browser. Is it the extension you're clicking on, that's not working? Or are you trying to click on the mini in your Mac's menubar? Can you tell us a bit more about what steps specifically you're taking and where things aren't working the way you think they should? Thanks!

• 19smith57
    19smith57
    Community Member

Hi Lars - when I click on the 1password icon on the Chrome menu bar I get a short menu with two items:
    1Password: Password Manager and Secure Wallet
    1Password

The first of these takes me to the 1Password web site and the second does nothing at all. Until recently, clicking on the menu bar icon would instantly open 1Password Mini, asking for my master password. This is still the case in Firefox. I do not seem to have any option in Safari.

Thank you

David

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@19smith57 - Can you please tell me what version of macOS you're using, and what version of 1Password for Mac? Also, I'd like you to do the following:

1. Delete the 1Password extension from Chrome
    2. Restart your Mac
    3. Visit our extensions page and download the most-recent version of our extension.
    4. Launch 1Password from your Applications folder.

Let us know if that has any effect.

• 19smith57
    19smith57
    Community Member

Hi Lars

Mac Sierra 10.12.3
    Just updated 1password today.

Followed your advice and 1Password Mini now working in Chrome.

Tried to download for Safari but getting an error message when Safari trying to install.

Thank you.

David

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@19smith57 - That's odd. I'd recommend the same steps for Safari: if you have an existing version of the 1Password Safari extension, delete it, then Quit Safari and restart it, then visit the extensions page and download the latest version. If that still doesn't work, can you tell me what specific step it's failing on, and what sort of error messages you're getting? Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.