IPassword does not accept master password on iPhone SE

macdengig
macdengig
Community Member

Hello...

I have 1Password 6.8.6 installed on my 2017 iMac running under High Sierra 10.13.3

Last summer (2017), I got an iPhone SE, still under iOS 10
I downloaded and installed 1Password from the AppStore, and set it to work with TouchID
I entered my Master Password to synchronise my Main Safe in iCloud and it worked well

The iPhone is now under 11.2.5 and 1Password is 7.0.5
When re-installing 1Password to 7.0.5, I chose to synchronise through iCloud, as before, since I do not have an 1Password account.

My problem is that I NOW have an "Incorrect password" message when asked to unlock the Main Safe which, I understand, is on iCloud.

I have tried to enter and re-enter my Master Password several times, always with the same result.
The "hint" (after 3 missed trials) suggest that I am effectively trying to open my Main Safe.
I entered my Main Password very carefully, checking if the right characters and/or spaces were correctly written, several time.
I also tried to enter this Master Password with no spaces, but still the same error message.

I have used my Master Password hundreds of times and I am sure I am not making any errors entering it, although an iPhone SE screen is not very big.

Question1 : What am I doing wrong?

Question 2 : I cannot find "1Password" on my iCloud account nor iCloud Drive: how can I be sure it is there (unless you hide it very well...)

1Password Version: 7.0.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 11.2.5
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• macdengig
    macdengig
    Community Member

Forget that previous post - everything is OK now.
    It's that d**n tiny keyboard on the iPhone SE!
    (Although it would be nice to be able to use iPassword in landscape mode, the keyboard would be larger))

• Thanks for the update and suggestion, @macdengig. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.