1Password not finding Logins for me

jrennie
jrennie
Community Member

With the exception of Chrome, whenever I ask 1Password to fill username and password for me, it consistently fails to suggest a login - it asks me to "Select the account that you want to use with [appname]" and then I have to Search 1Password to find the right login.

I don't know if it is related to the cause of the problem, but once I have searched for and selected the right login, I then get a message saying "1Password can't verify that [appname] should have access to your [login account name] login. Do you want to fill it anyway?"

1Password Version: 6.7.1
Extension Version: n/a
OS Version: Android 8.0.0
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jrennie: Indeed, when 1Password does not have access to the URL there's no way for it to try to find a matching login. That's why you need to select it manually and approve it for filling. This is no different than filling using the 1Password Keyboard. Very few apps support Google's new filling APIs yet, but as they do 1Password will be able to match logins to them. It just isn't something we can make them do; we can only support the standard on our end so that it will work once other apps are updated to use it. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions!

• jrennie
    jrennie
    Community Member

Thanks @Brenty!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

You're welcome! I'm sorry it isn't simpler right now, but we've taken the time to put things in place so that it can hopefully be simpler in the future as more and more apps adopt the new technologies. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.