Sorting titles

dealtek
dealtek
Community Member

I will put a z as first character to get records to sort at bottom.

I tried putting special characters like ! or - to sort on top but that doesn't work.

Q: How do I get certain items to "force" sort on top of the list?

BTW: this is something I really would like...

Thanks Dave

1Password Version: 6.8.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: icloud

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@dealtek - In 1Password for Mac, you can choose the sort order in the main window by choosing the category type (Login, Identity, etc) you need to search, then clicking the sort order selector immediately below the search bar. Is that what you were referring to?

• dealtek
    dealtek
    Community Member

yes but that's only the beginning

ex: titles

godaddy login aaa
    godaddy login bbb
    godaddy login ccc

BUT I WANT THIS

godaddy login aaa
    godaddy login bbb
    !!!godaddy login ccc <<< THIS TO SORT ON TOP (WITH !!!) BUT YOUR SORT ROUTINE PUTS THIS ON THE BOTTOM

Q What character can I put first to make it sort first- on top?

--->so it sorts like apple finder with - or ! or space as first character

Does this make sense?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@dealtek - So, when it gets to this level I have to confess that 1Password is not - by design - a university researcher-grade filing system. It's not intended to be, as most users have only one or at most a few logins for the same website. Obviously, there are exceptions to this, but if you find yourself with multiple websites for which you have many logins, probably the best advice I can offer you is "search, don't sort." In both the 1Password mini and the main app, you can search for specific records that should narrow it down (assuming you know what you're searching for).

Beyond that, if you prefer sort to search, I believe numerals get sorted before letters, so:
    1 Godaddy CCC
    2 Godaddy AAA
    3 Godaddy BBB
    ...should sort in that order. Let us know how that goes for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.