To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Accidental Account Deletion

Options
bee_uh_triss
bee_uh_triss
Community Member

I've been using 1Password since 2013. I used to have a 1Password Personal account that I converted from an iCloud vault back when the personal membership feature was introduced, but then I converted it to a Family account because I anticipated sharing it with my partner, as she is currently a LastPass user (rather unfortunately, in my view). This did not work out and I wanted to switch it back, so I pressed the button that said "Delete 1Password Family account," not realizing it would also delete my long-running personal account that I guess had been converted. I can no longer log in to my 1Password account and I am told it has been deleted by the website. Two questions. First: am I able to recover this account? I definitely have the master password and I believe I have the account key and emergency kit somewhere as well. Second: if not, can I recover the data from a backup? I have a file called B5.sqlite that I believe contains everything, but I'm not sure how to restore from it. If that's not correct, I have a comprehensive Backblaze backup with history as well. Until now 1Password has been my favorite software product of all time, and I didn't mind the subscription at all, but now I feel incredibly dumb for not having read more carefully before typing "I am sure".

1Password Version: 6.8.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.13.3, iOS 11.2.5
Sync Type: formerly membership

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @bee_uh_triss

I’m sorry to hear you accidentally deleted your account. Please send us an email with the details to support@1password.com and our team will be happy to do whatever they can to help. We’re unable to assist with these types of issues here on the public forum as we’ll need to dig in to your specific account details. :)

When you email in you’ll get an email back from BitBot with a support ID. Please post that support ID here so we can ‘connect the dots.’

Thanks!

Ben

• bee_uh_triss
    bee_uh_triss
    Community Member
    Options

I just emailed support@agilebits.com at the advice of @1Password on Twitter in a DM, does that all go to the same bucket somewhere or do I need to send another email?

• bee_uh_triss
    bee_uh_triss
    Community Member
    Options

BitBot says my support ID is [#VGJ-88835-832]

• Ben
    Options

I’ll make sure your email gets in front of the right folks. Thanks. We’ll be in touch via email as soon as possible.

For the future please avoid contacting us via multiple channels (e.x. forum and Twitter) as it causes a duplication of efforts which slows down the support process for everyone. :)

Thank you!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.