I need to double click links in chrome after using 1password mini to fill logins

wheelieking
wheelieking
Community Member

I seem to be having this same issue that was reported last summer:
https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/79842/after-using-shortcut-of-1password-mini-i-need-to-use-double-click-when-i-want-to-click

Deleting the extension and re-installing it appears to fix it for at least a short time.

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.8.6 (686004)
Extension Version: 4.6.12.90
OS Version: OS X 10.12.6 (16G1212)
Sync Type: 1password account
Referrer: forum-search:double click links after using password fill

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@wheelieking - Thanks for reporting, and apologies for the trouble. If this is what I think it is, there is a bug we're looking into currently regarding it. At this time, I don't have anything to share regarding when you might see the fix for this, but please keep an eye on updates, which is where you'd see something like this first. In the meantime, you shouldn't need to actually delete and re-install the extension. Quitting your browser and restarting should also solve the issue (until it reappears). Hopefully, we'll have a fix for this out before long. Until then, thanks for your patience.

• joelthecoder
    joelthecoder
    Community Member

This is becoming unbelievably annoying. This is a hotfix worthy bug.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@joelthecoder: Are you also only experiencing this in Chrome? If so, it sounds like you're suffering from a known bug there with their built-in password manager. Others have reported that disabling it (which we recommend for an ever-growing number of reasons) resolves the issue.

If that's not what you're experiencing though, unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the OS, 1Password, browser, and extension versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. Thanks in advance! :)

• joelthecoder
    joelthecoder
    Community Member

@brenty I'm using the latest Chrome on latest OSX with latest 1Password.

Sorry but I don't buy it. This is such an annoying issue I'm going to find an alternative product. I shouldn't need to nor want to mess with my browser settings.

How can I trust my security with AgileBits if a bug that's been reported many times over a long period of time is never taken seriously?

I'd like to believe if AgileBits cared about a polished product, a proper solution would be to figure out a different approach to your implementation or find the problem in Chrome source and put a PR.

I've lost confidence in this product.

CC: @wheelieking @Lars

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2018

@brenty I'm using the latest Chrome on latest OSX with latest 1Password.

@joelthecoder: Thanks for letting me know!

Sorry but I don't buy it. This is such an annoying issue I'm going to find an alternative product. I shouldn't need to nor want to mess with my browser settings.

Don't buy what? You contacted us with a problem and I gave you the solution — and that's in addition to the fact that there are good reasons to disable browser autofill in general...

How can I trust my security with AgileBits if a bug that's been reported many times over a long period of time is never taken seriously?

Sorry, we just don't have the ability to fix bugs in anyone else's software, only our own. And, more importantly, if you're serious about security, disabling browser autofill and password management is a benefit due to how insecure (and often exploitable) it is.

I'd like to believe if AgileBits cared about a polished product, a proper solution would be to figure out a different approach to your implementation or find the problem in Chrome source and put a PR.

That's absurd. I'm not aware of any other independent software companies who are expected to fix other (much larger) companies' platforms. If we try to fix all of the issues in other software that users happen to encounter (OS, antivirus, browser, etc.) we wouldn't have any time to work on 1Password, which is, I think our actual job. To be clear, this problem doesn't exist in any other browser that we're aware of. And that's even with Firefox using WebExtensions now as well.

I've lost confidence in this product.

I don't follow your logic, but it's entirely up to you. Just know that we'd much prefer you use a competitor's product rather than nothing at all — or than any browser's insecure built-in password management. Stay safe out there.

• joelthecoder
    joelthecoder
    Community Member

@brenty

That's absurd

Are you for real? I work in software myself and it is expected at every company I've worked at (In Toronto nonetheless) that if something can be done to fix a user's problem, we try. This includes looking at their open source code and seeing if a PR can be put up or reworking our own implementation so it isn't a problem.

Chrome is 65% of the market share. Firefox is 12% so trying to convince me that Chrome is a "snowflake" isn't going to work.

I'm looking at LastPass. Doesn't have the issue and seems pretty good so far.

Good day.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited February 2018

We aren’t in a position to go out and attempt to fix bugs in 3rd party software. We have offered a workaround, which is something that we recommend doing regardless of the bug. In any event, I hope you’re able to find a solution that fits your needs, @joelthecoder. Best of luck.

Ben

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@joelthecoder: Just to be crystal clear, we have tried. That's how we discovered it's a Chrome bug we cannot fix and not a 1Password bug. We're not gods, just folks like you making our own software the best we can. Take care.

This discussion has been closed.