New iPhone X restored from last iCloud backup of the previous device. 1Password is now unusable.

Options
mike_mea
mike_mea
Community Member

After upgrading to an iPhone X from an iPhone 7 the new device was restored from an iCloud backup. All the apps installed to include 1Password. However, 1Password now requests a key along with the other login information in order to login. If I scroll past that and select iCloud as the source it cannot find a vault. Its odd as I have been a user for a while and upgraded multiple devices prior to this with no issues.

1Password Version: 7.0.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: IOS 11.2.5
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @mike_mea,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. Could you please check the following items for me?

• Do you still have access to the iPhone 7?
    • Are you certain that 1Password on the iPhone 7 was set up to sync its data via iCloud? This would not be the default configuration — you would’ve had to have explicitly set up syncing via iCloud. If you aren’t sure, and have access to the iPhone 7, you can check in 1Password > Settings > Sync.

Please let me know. :)

Ben

• mike_mea
    mike_mea
    Community Member
    Options

The phone is my daughters and I know she has upgraded twice since purchasing 1Password and both times vaults were found. Of course it’s also possible she unintentionally turned off iCloud sync at some point. I’ve done all I know to do so I’m presuming that is the case. Anyway I greatly appreciate your quick reply.

• Ben
    Options

@mike_mea,

Perhaps she was syncing with Dropbox, and not iCloud? Does she have a Dropbox account?

How to sync 1Password with Dropbox

Ben

This discussion has been closed.