I just updated to the latest build and my PW file reverted to an older version

marcustcohn
marcustcohn
Community Member

I clicked on update and got 6.8.6 and now my PW file is old missing many passwords

1Password Version: 6.8.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.12.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I just updated to the latest build and my PW file reverted to an older version

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@marcustcohn - I can't tell for certain, but it sounds as if you may have synced to or restored from an older version of your 1Password data. Could that be the case? Prior to upgrading, what version of 1Password were you using, how many vaults did you have, and how were they being synced?

• marcustcohn
    marcustcohn
    Community Member

@lars - It turns out that only the one record I accessed was an older version - the entire record was from some time ago - all the others seem to be current. All I can think of is I was trying to change default browsers at this same time. I recovered the missing password so no real damage done but very strange. I have only the one vault and sync using icloud to my iphone.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@marcustcohn - If you think you've got a complete and up-to-date copy of your 1Password data, then you should be all set. I'm not sure why that would've happened either, but unless you want to do a complete Start Over and Restore of your 1Password data from iCloud (or a backup), it sounds like you're good to go. Enjoy your week! :)

This discussion has been closed.