Need help moving data to Mac from iTunes backup of iPhone

System
edited February 2018 in Mac
This discussion was created from comments split from: Standalone 1Password App is not opening in my MAC.

ref: WJI-31173-692

Comments

• gelay
    gelay
    Community Member

Hello, I had been using 1password since last year i think but not sure if I got that as standalone or free. Anyway, I recently lost my phone and now need to access my 1password data from my mac. However I have not been successful. I have a backup of all my lost phone in my itunes but I do not know how I can access the 1password data from there to now transfer them into my mac. Please help.

• gelay
    gelay
    Community Member

Hello, I may have missed it but could you please help explain how I can move my 1password data (from my phone) stored in my itunes backup, into my 1password in my mac? I lost my phone and now need to access all my 1password data from my mac. I think I had been using a stand alone 1password since last year and just recently purchased a 1password (individual) subscription. Please help. Thanks in advance

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2018

Welcome to the forum, @gelay! Sorry to hear about the lost phone; let's see what we can do.

First of all, were you syncing your 1Password data previously via one of our advanced methods (iCloud, Dropbox, WLAN)? If you don't remember, you probably were not. But can you let us know? If you were syncing, it may be much easier to recover your data onto your Mac.

ref: WJI-31173-692

• gelay
    gelay
    Community Member

Hello Lars, thanks for the quick reply. Really appreciate it. Unfortunately, no. I was not syncing my 1password with any of the methods you mentioned. So afraid I only have the itunes as a my backup - as my phone was regularly being backed up there until the other day when I lost it. Thanks in advance.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@gelay - I see you've also written in the same issue to our email support. Since this will be intricate and involve details about your personal 1Password setup which shouldn't be on this public forum, let's keep the conversation going over there. One of us will be with you shortly.

This discussion has been closed.