have 1password on iphones and ipad, dropbox vault. new ipad cannot sign in- wants account

Options
smarty1016
smarty1016
Community Member

I have been using 1Password for a few years on 2 iphones, and ipad, and a samsung galaxy tab 4. I sync using a dropbox vault. Recently traded the samsung galaxy tab 4, got an iPad Pro. Installed the app, but cannot sign in. The sign in screen wants me to start a trial of a 1Password.com subscription, or sign in using either 1Password.com or iCloud.

I do not use iCloud, so no vaults are found. I tried 1Password.com, but it is asking for account details that I do not have.
Is there a way I can get this working on the iPad Pro?

On the iPhone, I went to settings, and under diagnostics, see that it is using version 7.0.5 (70005002). I look in settings and checked 1Password Accounts, but do not apparently have an account set up.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:new ipad want to access existing vault in dropbox - do not have account

Comments

• @smarty1016,

You'll want to scroll the list of options to reveal additional sync types, such as Dropbox.

Rudy

• smarty1016
    smarty1016
    Community Member
    Options

I would like to be able to do that, but I cannot get past the sign-in screen to get to options. It is only offering 3 options:
    1) start a trial subscription to a 1Password account
    2) sign in using 1Password.com credentials
    3) sign in using iCloud credentials.

Is there a way to bypass this screen?

• Ben
    Options

On that screen — scroll down. There are more options below iCloud.

Ben

• smarty1016
    smarty1016
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you !
    I feel a bit foolish for not seeing that, but the way the screen was presented, it was not obvious that it could be scrolled.
    I'm connected now.

Thanks again!

• Ben
    Options

Glad to hear that worked. We’ve had some discussion internally about how we might make it more obvious that there are further options available by scrolling — I agree at present it isn’t very intuitive.

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.