Anything special to do before updating from 6.3.2 to 6.8.6

Javajimbo
Javajimbo
Community Member

Currently running version 6.3.2 and would finally like to update to 6.8.6. Is there anything special I need to do before updating to 6.8.6 since there has been about 20 versions between my current version and the new update.

1Password Version: 6.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: iclould
Referrer: forum-search:Anything special to do before updating from 6.3.2 to 6.8.6

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2018

@Javajimbo -- I'm glad you asked: there is indeed. While you were enjoying 6.3.2, this happened. No need to read it all (unless you like that sort of thing). The long and short of it, however, is that if you're on a version older than 6.5.5, you’ll need to update manually since anything older uses a now-invalid provisioning profile.

Fortunately, it's quite easy: Quit 1Password and the Mini by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu). Then visit our downloads page and grab the full installer package of our latest version for Mac (6.8.6). If you're certain 1Password is fully quit, delete your existing copy of 1Password. Don't worry; your data aren't stored within the app, so you won't be affecting that at all. But DO make sure you don't use any app cleaners or uninstallers to delete your existing 1Password app, as these programs can remove more data than we want them to. Just drag the 1Password app to the Trash. Finally, run the installer you downloaded a bit earlier, and the next time you launch 1Password, you should be a) upgraded and b) see the familiar lock screen. Enter your Master Password and you should be all set!

This discussion has been closed.