Instructions for setting up a new user on the standalone version?

Comments

• alexanderbuck
    alexanderbuck
    Community Member

Hi,
    I currently support Dashlane and 1Password for myself and my clients. With the release of High Sierra I have noticed some reliability issues with Dashlane with regards to data capture and usability in Safari.

1Password still works fine so I'm going to drop Dashlane and move all of my clients over 1Password. Most will get 1Password accounts.

Some however, including yours truly, prefer the standalone "Libertarian" version at this time.

Is there a link to instructions for setting up a new user on the "Libertarian" version?

• Hi @alexanderbuck,

Glad to hear 1Password is still proving to be a useful tool for you and your clients.

We do not offer instructions for setting up a new user with a standalone license, as this is considered an advanced option which we only recommend for folks who are already familiar with 1Password and its operation and wish to continue using 1Password that way. We aren’t encouraging folks who are new to 1Password to use standalone licenses.

That said, from the welcome screen in 1Password for Mac, select “More Options > Create a standalone vault” to create a vault for the first time, or select the option to sync an existing vault via iCloud or Dropbox.

I hope that helps!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.