File/Export option grayed out on Mac 6.8.6

MarkM2017
MarkM2017
Community Member

Im trying to export my data from my 1password.com vault on my Mac version 6.8.6 and the export option is grayed out

I only have the one vault in the account called "Personal" and the export instructions say to select the vault you want to export, but I do not see any way of doing that. The only option on the sidebar is "All Items" and selecting items does nothing.

1Password Version: 6.8.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.3
Sync Type: 1password.com
Referrer: forum-search:export option grayed out on Mac 6.8.6

Comments

• MaxSiegel
    MaxSiegel
    1Password Alumni

Hi there, @MarkM2017. I'm sorry for the trouble there! When you get a chance, could you try selecting an item in the list? Does the File > Export option appear after you do that?

Please keep us in the loop, and we'll go from there. :)

• MarkM2017
    MarkM2017
    Community Member

Hi

No selecting a item or doing a select all does not do anything, the menu is still grayed out.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@MarkM2017 - you need to make sure you're not in the All Vaults view of your data. Export does not work from All Vaults. Use the vault menu to switch to the particular vault you wish to export data from, and you'll find that menu item available.

• MarkM2017
    MarkM2017
    Community Member

Im not seeing a "Vaults" in any main menu.

Clicking either checkbox by my user account or vault in the All Vaults tab of preferences selects or deselects both and makes no difference, the export menu is still grayed out.

See Screenshot below.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2018

@MarkM2017 - apologies; I didn't read your initial post where you said you have only the one Personal vault closely enough. Although the Preferences option is still referred to as All Vaults, if you have only a single vault, the issue is rendered moot.

However, that doesn't explain why export is grayed out in 1Password for Mac for your Personal vault. Doing a little more research internally, it looks like 1Password's Export feature is always disabled right after unlocking if you have only a single account vault (which is what you have). Here’s a simple workaround we've successfully tested for that situation:

• Without mini helper running, opened and unlocked 1Password for Mac
    • Result: export was disabled
    • Quit 1Password for Mac (with mini still running)
    • Reopened unlocked OPM
    • Result: export was enabled

Lock OPM, unlock, and Export will again be disabled. Quit app and reopen while still unlocked and Export will be enabled. We're looking into why this is happening with only a single vault, but for now, that should work for you. Let us know how it goes!

ref: OPM-4681

• MarkM2017
    MarkM2017
    Community Member

Ok your solution worked.

Was able to export what I needed for the time being.

Thank you

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@MarkM2017 - glad to hear that worked for you, and we hope to have a more-comprehensive, code-based fix for this in the not-too-distant future.

This discussion has been closed.