trying to add 1Password account to computer and receive "request timed out" error

Options
richard_tmc
richard_tmc
Community Member

Hi, I am adding my new Family 1Password account to my computer and after a long wait I receive "The request timed out." error. I already had 1Password installed as have been user for many years and both it and OS X are up to date (Sierra). I have rebooted my computer and internet modem and it still fails. All other internet access is working fine, as is my current 1Password syncing with dropbox.

1Password Version: 6.8.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.12.6
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:request timed out when adding account

Comments

• richard_tmc
    richard_tmc
    Community Member
    Options

I should also add that I am able to login to the 1Password account from the browser (chrome) with no errors or delay.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @richard_tmc,

That’s a bit strange. Are you using any network traffic monitoring/blocking tools such as Little Snitch? Could you please try logging in again and if the error persists please send us a diagnostics report just after getting the error:

I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/86510/
    • Your forum username: richard_tmc

That way we can "connect the dots" when we see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so we can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the diagnostics we'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• richard_tmc
    richard_tmc
    Community Member
    Options

Support ID #TWG-61687-162

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@richard_tmc - Thanks, one of us will be with you shortly. :)

ref: TWG-61687-162

• jakozaur
    jakozaur
    Community Member
    edited February 2018
    Options

@Lars

Hit the same issue. Super annoying. Can't work on new computer.

#FMW-51394-762

• jakozaur
    jakozaur
    Community Member
    Options

I tried it on the next day and managed to add the account.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2018
    Options

@jakozaur - glad to hear it! :)

ref: FMW-51394-762

This discussion has been closed.