I bought 1Password a long time ago. have new Itunes account. How do xfer it.

Options
expatriot
expatriot
Community Member

I purchased 1Password a long time ago on Itunes. I have new Itunes account. How do xfer it to the new Itunes account?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I bought 1Password a long time ago. I have new Itunes account. How do I xfer it

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @expatriot

We do not have a mechanism for transferring purchases from one Apple ID to another, sorry. The only way to use that purchase would be to install 1Password while logged in to the Apple ID that you used to make the purchase. Please also note that the upgrade from version 3 to modern 1Password versions was a new purchase, so if your previous purchase was for v3 that would not apply to what is available now (v7).

I’d recommend checking out our 1Password membership offering. With it you always get access to the latest versions on all of our 1Password apps for all of your devices, super easy and secure syncing, the (optional) ability to share credentials with your family, and more:

What are the benefits of a 1Password membership?

I hope that helps!

Ben

• expatriot
    expatriot
    Community Member
    Options

1) How do I find out what version I originally purchased? I purchased it Sept. 8, 2015
    2) If it is in fact Version 3; are you saying you no longer support my original purchase?
    3) Also, I just purchased the Pro Features add on. The purchase went through and on my settings Icon it shows they are "purchased, but none of the Pro Features are working.
    3) I will not subscribe to a membership. I bought this app as a Stand Alone, be cause I do not like having my life (all my password) being kept by a company.

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

2015 isn't really a long time ago. You would have been on 1PW5, probably. Anyway, it would have been one of the versions which has a free upgrade to the current version 6. But, as Ben says, Apple do not provide a way of transferring a purchase from one Apple ID to another.

Many people do not like the idea of having data, especially passwords, stored in the cloud. That's why AgileBits still sell stand-alone licences. But you don't actually have your life kept by a company if you have a membership. You always have a local copy of your data, so even if something happened to AgileBits you would not lose your passwords.

• Ben
    Options

1) How do I find out what version I originally purchased? I purchased it Sept. 8, 2015

That would’ve been version 5.5.

2) If it is in fact Version 3; are you saying you no longer support my original purchase?

Correct; 1Password 3 for iOS was retired in 2012 and beyond basic technical and customer support it is no longer supported/updated.

3) Also, I just purchased the Pro Features add on. The purchase went through and on my settings Icon it shows they are "purchased, but none of the Pro Features are working.

Could you please elaborate? Which Pro feature are you trying to use, and what happens when you try to do so?

3) I will not subscribe to a membership. I bought this app as a Stand Alone, be cause I do not like having my life (all my password) being kept by a company.

As danco mentioned even if we were to disappear off the face of the earth your 1Password data would still be safely cached on your devices, even when using a 1Password.com membership.

Ben

• squawk49
    squawk49
    Community Member
    Options

I bought 1P from my older @me.com iTunes account. Didn't realize I was logged into my @gamil.com iTunes account when I purchased the pro features. I'm logged into my @gmail.com iTunes account on my iOS device, click on "restore" and it pops up a pre-filled box with me @me.com account and I cannot change it to the account that i purchased the Pro features from. Had this problem before, was remedied. I am not transferring a purchase across accounts, I'm using the account that I paid for the app on, but your app isn't permitting me to change the iTunes ID? What do I need to do?

• Ben
    Options

Hi @squawk49

1Password for iOS can only check the Apple ID that was used when it was installed for purchases. If you want it to check a different Apple ID you’d need to backup your data, uninstall the app, log in to the correct ID, install the app, and restore your data. 1Password membership makes this much easier in that you can subscribe directly through our website and not have to worry about Apple IDs.

Ben

• squawk49
    squawk49
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Ben - problem solved by following your instructions!

• Ben
    Options

Glad to hear that did the trick. :) If we can be of further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.