To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Can not find account.

Options
Ashlyn
Ashlyn
Community Member

I can not find my acct. I subscribed to yearly, input all my info but cnt find my acct now. Have no secret key. Very worried as to where my info is. , I have my password. Please help? I am freaking that info is floating in to someones hands.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I thought I purchased a subscription but cannot sign in. Already put all info in but have no secret.

Comments

• Ashlyn
    Ashlyn
    Community Member
    Options

I cannot find my account and do not know secret key. Worried as I have loaded all my info. Thought I purchased the yearly subscription.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2018
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @Ashlyn! Sorry you're having trouble getting started. How you pay for 1Password is a different matter entirely from how and whether you're able to access your data. Billing can wait a bit -- let's concentrate on getting you reunited with your 1Password data.

When you create a 1password.com account, you will be asked to choose a Master Password (which I presume you still know), but you will also be given a randomly-generated Secret Key. You only need the Secret Key each time you sign into your 1Password account from a new device, however. So let me ask: are you still able to access your 1password.com account either in a browser or within a 1Password app (for Mac, Windows, iOS or Android)?

ref: QXS-48668-299

• Ashlyn
    Ashlyn
    Community Member
    Options

No I cannot. The sign in requires a secret key which I do not have. I have tried to locate etc but every step I try requires the one thing I am searching for.

• Ashlyn
    Ashlyn
    Community Member
    Options

This is driving me nuts. My responses to you are not showing as sent. I need my secret key. I did not download it and dont remember seeing it. I checked my downloads. I can not sign into ANYTHING without the secret key. If I were to cancel subscription from App Store where does all the info I loaded go. Im ready to scratch this entire endeavor. I accept responsibility for user error but this has been much too frustrating. simply wanted to place all passwords under one protected area. Now my passwords, ss#, and credit cards are in an account somewhere for anyone but me to access.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Ashlyn - I'm not quite sure what's happened with your replies, but I see that you've asked this question in two separate threads here as well as writing in to our support email. To avoid any further confusion or missed messages with the forum, let's continue our conversation via email. Thanks, see you there! :)

This discussion has been closed.