Unable to synchronize

David_Pritchard
David_Pritchard
Community Member

I have migrated to the family system. I have a Mac plus iPhone and iPad. In my case the migration seems to have been successful.
My wife was not using iPassword before - she also has a Mac + iPhone + iPad. In her case I am unable to get the her private vault synchronized - her Mac vault has 6 entries and the other devices have only three. I have checked that all the devices are using the same wifi network. We are not using iCloud or Dropbox. Frustrating!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2018

Welcome to the forum, @David_Pritchard! I'm sorry for the trouble. From your description of it, it sounds as if your wife may have created one or more local vaults outside of her 1password.com account. If the two of you are sharing a 1Password Families account and you want to have 1Password ONLY in the account (no local, unsynced vaults), then the thing to check for is this: open 1Password on each of your wife's devices and look at All Vaults - what do you see? If you see a vault on any device called "Primary" or "Default," then that means she's got a local vault which is where those items are being saved (and hence, not synced with other devices). If that's the case, you can transfer those items to a vault in her account and they should then sync. Let us know what you discover!

ref: XBR-71779-165

• David_Pritchard
    David_Pritchard
    Community Member

Thank you for your quick reply Lars.
    What we are trying to achieve is that I have a vault for my passwords, etc. and she has her own vault.
    So far she has not created anything herself - anything on her devices was created by me during the setup process.
    Her Mac shows a vault called "Personal" and it contains 6 items.
    Her iPhone and iPad both show 2 vaults - "Private" with 3 items, and "Shared" with zero items.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@David_Pritchard - I see you've also asked this same question via email support and one of my colleagues has already replied. Let's keep the conversation going via email in order to keep any personally-identifying details out of this public forum. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.