1Password Application opens without having to put in Master Password on my iMac?

richard_jones686
richard_jones686
Community Member

On opening the 1Password Application on my iMac I am not prompted to open my 'Vault" with any Password.Its already open. Surely this is not right as anyone could just click open the application and all my Vaults are open to see. On my Bacbook Pro it works fine, so on opening the application it opens with the Vault closed, therefore I have to put in my Master password. Seems that something has gone wrong, can anyone suggest a fix? Thanks, Richard.

1Password Version: 6.8.6
Extension Version: 4.6.12
OS Version: 10.13.3
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi Richard ( @richard_jones686 )

Could you please check your settings under 1Password > Preferences > Security? Do they match up with your experience / expectations? Please let us know. :)

Ben

• richard_jones686
    richard_jones686
    Community Member

Hi Ben,
    Maybe I was being bit impatient or hadn't realised that I had opened the App in less than 5 mins, as thats what its set to in
    Preferences. I must admit I thought I has just opened it in the morning having woken my computer up from its nightly sleep.
    I will take a note of the times a bit more carefully and see if it is just a mistake on my part. Thanks for your response.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@richard_jones686 -- On ben's behalf, you're quite welcome -- it's an unusual feeling to have a security app open in a way you don't expect, but unless there's a new issue regarding this, I suspect you'll find everything's working as you have it set. Let us know if that turns out not to be the case. :)

This discussion has been closed.