iOS 1Password Safari extension doesn't show all items, just one category

Options
TheDawg
TheDawg
Community Member

Since the last update, when I navigate to a website's login page and access 1Password through the Safari extension, 1Password only shows entries from one of my categories (Credit Cards). Even if I try to search for the correct login, 1Password returns no result. It only shows 3 tabs at the bottom: All (which only shows the entries in my Credit Cards category), Cards (which shows the same Credit Card items), & Identities. I suspect 1Password may be incorrectly interpreting the website's login as a payment page.

1Password Version: 6.8.6 (686003), 7.0.5
Extension Version: 4.6.12
OS Version: mac OS 10.13.3
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited February 2018
    Options

Hi @TheDawg,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. This is usually caused by not having a ‘website’ field on the Login item that you want to fill that matches the URL of the page you are on. Can you please verify that the URL of the page in question matches the ‘website’ field in the item you want to fill?

I suspect 1Password may be incorrectly interpreting the website's login as a payment page.

That would be a reasonable assumption if 1Password made that distinction, but it does not. In fact if you, for example, have a Login item saved with a website field of ‘google.com’ you should see that Login item on any ‘google.com’ pages, regardless of if they have login forms or not.

Thanks.

Ben

• TheDawg
    TheDawg
    Community Member
    Options

That may be it. It has happened with about 4 websites, but I don't recall which ones. I didn't think it was a problem until the 3rd or 4th time it happened. I'll pay attention to that next time.

• Ben
    Options

Very good. If we can be of further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact us. :)

Ben

• pairof9s
    pairof9s
    Community Member
    Options

So this happens frequently for me too, in that it happens like once every 12-15 sites I attempt to log into. If I'm understanding your comment correctly, you're saying that these page URL's don't match the URL(s) currently assigned to the login info you're looking for. Therefore, it needs to be "taught" to 1Password by copying the URL and later add it to the assigned URLs of the Login entry within the 1Password app. So then the next time I visit this URL, 1Password will provide the login info if I request it via iOS Safari extension.

• Ben
    Options

@pairof9s

Do your login items all have website fields? Do they contain a URL that matches the login page for that website, or at least an address on the same domain (e.x. agilebits.com)? When you save a login using a browser this information is gathered automatically, and when you save one using the wizard in the main app it asks you for this information. I suppose in the latter case it is possible to skip this entry, though...

The short answer is ‘yes,’ but I am a bit curious this isn’t already the case for you. Are you coming from another password manager where you imported data into 1Password?

Ben

• pairof9s
    pairof9s
    Community Member
    Options

Since it occurred yesterday, the one specific instance I know of was the ESPN app required TV provider verification for watching live broadcasting. So upon choosing the provider, I was redirected to DirecTVNow login page. That was where 1PW in Safari only showed credit cards/identity entries.

That would follow the point you make on original URLs vs secondary.

• Ben
    Options

Ah, yes, that makes sense. :) Thanks for the update.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.