No 1Password extension in pop up windows?

Kryten
Kryten
Community Member
edited February 2018 in Mac

There seems to be an increasing number of pop up windows, usually when Signing in at some sites and the 1Password extension does not appear in the bar. PayPal (from some sites) or independent.co.uk are examples for instance. It involves some copying and pasting from one window to another. Is there a fix to get round this? When you're used to how efficient 1Password is, it gets pretty tedious.

1Password Version: 6.8.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Kryten - the short answer is: it depends on how the form is written. An increasing number of such pop-ups are written in javascript that can make it difficult for 1Password to fill. However, other sites are using less-problematic javascript or even a separate pop-up HTML/PHP window. The best way to see for yourself is to use the ⌘\ keyboard shortcut to see whether your current saved Login item for the site works with the pop-up. If not, you might wish to try re-saving the item manually in 1Password. I will caution you, however, that there is a small handful of sites that simply don't play nice with 1Password, by the intentional design of the site's owners. Fortunately, these are quite uncommon...but they do exist. If you ever get a site for which you've tried all the above and it's not working, let us know what they are, either right here on the forum, or at support@agilebits.com -- and thanks!

• Kryten
    Kryten
    Community Member

Thank you Lars. Well explained. Certainly for independent.co.uk ⌘\ works and I suspect PayPal should too, but I won't know till I process a payment from the site in question. I'll report back if I encounter problems about this issue. Thanks again.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Kryten - you're quite welcome! Let us know if you have any further questions or if you run into login problems at any specific sites. Have a great weekend!

This discussion has been closed.