Automatic prompt 1Password master password.

knotff
knotff
Community Member

I decided to try out you app, but I have had a strange behaviour on my end.

The issues I am getting is that the app no longer pop-ups asking for the master password. I have to manually click on one of the icons to type in my master password.
When I first installed the app and the browser extension everything was working fine. When I restarted my computer, opened the browser and filled in a login to a website, the 1password app would pop-in asking for the master password and then do it's thing. And not it's not. I have to trigger the app manually.

The one thing I did, was to disable the Mini running then a few days latter turned it back on and now the app no longer automatically prompts for the master password.
Should I just re-install the app?

I use Firefox on a custom private mode only.

1Password Version: 6.8.6
Extension Version: 4.6.12.90
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @knotff!

I use Firefox on a custom private mode only.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by this. 1Password is tested to work with all of the major browsers, including Firefox, but that's not the case for derivatives like Waterfox or developer previews or nightly builds. Can you tell me what you mean by "custom private mode?"

I'd also like to know what sort of behavior you were initially experiencing, what you expected to experience, and how that's now changed; I wasn't entirely clear about that from your post. Thanks in advance for the clarification.

• knotff
    knotff
    Community Member

It's the normal Firefox, I just make sure to tick all boxes on privacy and to "Never remember history", so that it does not store any cache when I close Firefox.

To clarify. Everything works fine AFTER I typed in my master password. No problem there.
    The issues is that when I turn the computer on, fresh start, and then go to a website, say to create an account for this forum, the 1password app does not automatically prompt for the master password. If I want to 1pw to start to track any action I have to manually click on the icon to get prompted for the master password.
    When I first installed the app, this would happen automatically.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@knotff - thanks for the clarification. To be clear on our end, the prompt is not just to enter the Master Password, it's to perform some action with 1Password (whether saving or filling) which in turn requires the Master Password if 1Password is locked. So, with 1Password for Mac running but not unlocked yet (since it was launched), you will never get a prompt to auto-save -- unless you specifically invoke it. Once you've unlocked once, you should get that prompt. I don't think deleting and re-installing will change this behavior; I think you may be misremembering how 1Password behaved initially. If you've unlocked it once, you'll get prompted. If you don't, you won't. That's the expected behavior.

This discussion has been closed.