iOS 10 app signs out even though I have auto lock set 10 min and didn't check "sign out on exit"?

Options
JBallin
JBallin
Community Member

iPad retina can't be upgraded iOS 11. Don't think I had this issue in the past.

Open 1Password -> enter master -> go back home screen while leaving app open -> go back to app -> requests master

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10.3.3
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:iOS signing out

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@JBallin - Please check Settings > Security to see if "Lock on Exit" is enabled. If it is, there's your answer. Let us know if that's not the case.

• JBallin
    JBallin
    Community Member
    Options

Lock on exit is not enabled

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@JBallin -- Thanks for the confirmation. I'd like you to try powering your iPad off and then back on again, to get a fresh state for both 1Password and iOS. If you experience the same behavior, then I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your iOS device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/413096#Comment_413096
    • Your forum username: @JBallin

That way we can "connect the dots" when we see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number in the Title/Subject.  Please post that number here so we can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the diagnostics we'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• JBallin
    JBallin
    Community Member
    Options

JYY-84153-426

It actually seems to work ok when I go app -> home -> app but there’s an issue when using 1password through the share option in safari. It requires master and then locks down the app too when I don’t give it one.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @JBallin. I see we’ve received your report and one of us will be in touch soon.

Ben

ref: JYY-84153-426

• JBallin
    JBallin
    Community Member
    edited February 2018
    Options

This was resolved over email, for future readers: if you're using an older iPad (w/o Touch ID) it seems that the expected behavior of 1password is to reset the time lock when accessing 1pwd from the share menu (when filling logins on browser). They suggested that I use a pin code on my iPad for faster login.

• Ben
    Options

This is true even of devices with Touch ID. If Quick Unlock (Face ID, Touch ID, or PIN) is not enabled then the 1Password extension will need your Master Password on every use, regardless of the Lock on Exit setting. This also applies to iPhones.

Thanks for updating the thread for folks who run across this in the future, @JBallin. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.