Forgotten MasterPassword, but stiil acces with TouchID, what to do, to recover MPassword?

Options
Chris90
Chris90
Community Member

Helll all
I have forgotten my MasterPassword, but I still ca acces 1PW on my iOS Device with TouchID, what can I do to to recover Master Password?
I I gomto „change Master password“ I need aold MPassword...
Thanks for help
I Usin newes iOS and app.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Chris90,

If you are using a 1Password Families or 1Password Teams account another organizer/administrator on the account can assist you in resetting your Master Password:

Recover accounts for family or team members

If you are the only organizer/administrator, or you are using an individual 1Password account, then recovery will not be possible and you will need to migrate to a new membership. In this case everyone in your family or team should also migrate to the new membership as they’ll be left without an organizer/administrator otherwise. If you aren’t using a 1Password membership you can sign up for a trial and migrate your data into it. From there you can either delete the old Primary vault and subscribe to 1Password.com (1Password will then unlock with the Master Password for the new membership), or delete the Primary vault, make a new one, and migrate everything back. If you go with the latter option once you’ve completed those steps you can delete the trial membership.

If you need further assistance with your specific situation I’d encourage you to reach out to us directly at support@1password.com as we cannot answer questions about any specific account details here on the public forum. If you do email in please include a link to this thread with your message ( https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/86597/ ).

I hope that helps!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.