How do I add 1password to my Macbook Air. I have a family license.

Options
W5Kc3Mike
W5Kc3Mike
Community Member

i do not have a Secret Key or Master Password. Thus, I am not able to login.

1Password Version: 1password 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: High Sierra 10.13.1
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How do I add 1password to my Macbook Air. I have a family license.

Comments

• rickfillion
    edited February 2018
    Options

Hi @W5Kc3Mike,

It's relatively normal to not have a Secret Key, but all 1Password users have a Master Password, as that's what's used to unlock the app. If you don't have a Secret Key, you don't have a 1Password.com account. You should go to your other device (is it another Mac?), and make sure that your Primary vault is set to sync somewhere like iCloud or Dropbox. Then on the Macbook Air, you would choose either iCloud or Dropbox on that first screen instead of 1Password.com. It should find your data and let you unlock.

Let us know how that goes.

Rick

ref: EXD-89724-768

• W5Kc3Mike
    W5Kc3Mike
    Community Member
    Options

How do I make the situation clearer?

I have a family license for 5 PCs since 2013. 1password works fine the PCs.

For the MAC, I signed up for an individual account Saturday. I obtained a Secret Key and created a Master Password. I can login successfully to the new account using this Master Password.

The attempts to utilize this Master Password to complete the 1PW installation on the MAC FAIL.

I have NO interest in utilizing the cloud for data storage.

I trust this helps.

Mike

• Ben
    Options

Mike,

It appears you also have an existing email conversation ongoing with us on this same subject. We’ll continue the conversation via email. For the future, please try to avoid contacting us via multiple channels regarding the same issue, as it causes a duplication of efforts on our part which slows down support for everyone. Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.