Would like to have 1Password support secure folders.

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User]
Community Member

I would like 1Password to support secure folders like the old Knox did. I have setup and do use the secure disk image via disk utility but I find it can be a challenge at times. Sometimes the disk image just disappears and I have to restore it from a Time Machine backup and other times the disk image just won't mount. I know that Knox was a fancy front end for the disk image process but it did just seem to work. What I really want is a simple password protected system to protect file folders from prying eyes. Like how Apples Numbers and Pages work, enter a simple password and bam you are off and running.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Secure folders

Comments

• Knox really did simplify things. I'd love to see something that helped simplify encrypted file storage again, but I'm not sure if that would ever properly "fit" within 1Password.

Rick

• I was never a user of knox, but i have used both boxcryptor and cryptomator (desktop version is free). Both let you select folders to encrypt and mount. In some ways I prefer Boxcryptor's ability to have all folders and cloud storage under a single mount, whereas cryptomator lets you select syncable folders or local folders, assign a different password and mount point to each and just mount the ones you want (like separate vaults). Not a back up utility nor image management, the files themselves are encrypted. Upside, is they get backed up by my backup software. Both will keep prying eyes out.

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

I can't speak for everyone around here, but there are plenty of us that would love to see AgileBits create a cloud-based encrypted file storage type product. Especially if it meant employees would get we get unlimited storage space. :tongue:

Fortunately for our 1Password customers (of which we and our families are), we are proud to be able to focus our support and development time on making 1Password better every single day.

This discussion has been closed.