Trouble signing in - on a new phone

adriannetritt
adriannetritt
Community Member

I have this app and down loaded it when it was free (on an android). I got a new phone and it wants a secret key. I don't have one and can't seem to figure out what I need to do in order to sign in. I have tons of passwords saved on this app... All I've ever done in the past is sign in with a password from the app on my phone. Now it wants all kinds of info.. Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I have this app and down loaded it when it was free. I got a new phone and it wants a secret key.

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @adriannetritt!

I have this app and down loaded it when it was free (on an android).

To be clear, 1Password for Android remains free to download and use the basic features. There is a $9.99 in-app purchase which unlocks the Pro features, but this is the same as it's been for quite a while now.

In the past, did you have your 1Password data ONLY on your Android device? Or were you syncing data with Dropbox or WLAN to other devices?

• emramesh
    emramesh
    Community Member

Hi i have this same issue, it was only on my android device, wondering how to recover the secret key to login again

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@emramesh: Do you have a 1Password Account? That's the only way you'll have Secret Key. (Un)fortunately AgileBits doesn't ever have either your Secret Key or Master Password, as that wouldn't be very secure at all. The Master Password is chosen by you, and the Secret Key is generated locally on your device. Neither is ever transmitted.

We don't have access to your data can't recover either of these for you, so I hope you're able to find your Emergency Kit, or have another authorized device where you can view your Secret Key. Otherwise it will not be possible to login to your 1Password Account. However, please try the tips in this guide as they may help you gain access again:

https://support.1password.com/forgot-master-password/

Alternatively, if you're part of a 1Password Family or Team, another Owner, Organizer, or Admin can help you recover your account, so you can create a new Secret Key and Master Password:

https://support.1password.com/recovery/#begin-recovery

If that doesn't help though, you will need to either restore from a backup, sync from another device, or simply start over. Please let me know how it turns out. I look forward to hearing back from you!

• emramesh
    emramesh
    Community Member

I have a 1password account and i didn't use cloud backup like dropbox and I had format my android device recently as it was running slow and this android device was the only device i had ever used 1password, so i don't have any other backup or other options to regain access. So I don't have any way to find my secret jey and gain acess.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@emramesh - if you've only ever used 1Password on the Android device that you reformatted and you did not print out (or save to PDF) a copy of your Emergency Kit, then you likely don't have any way to access your Secret Key. If that's the case, then unfortunately, your 1Password data will be lost and you will need to start over on your Android device. :(

If you had an Individual 1Password account, you cannot re-use the email address you used to sign up originally, unless you delete the current account first. If you'd like to do so, please write in to support+forum@agilebits.com from the email address you used to register for your 1password.com account, and include a link to this thread, and we will send you out instructions and a link to delete your account.

This discussion has been closed.