Save new login shortcut on Chrome

koraykupe
koraykupe
Community Member

Hello,

When I use Command + N it opens a new Chrome window. I saw another closed topic about the same issue but wonder that if there will be any improvement about it? It's important because save new login prompt doesn't be shown on some websites. It's also hard to report them since report website form always says "Oops, something went wrong. Please make sure you attempt to fill an item first and then report the issue second."

1Password Version: 6.8.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.3
Sync Type: 1Password account
Referrer: forum-search:save new login shortcut

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @koraykupe! The Command + N keyboard shortcut for 1Password mini works fine, but the mini has to be the application in the forefront. If Chrome is in the forefront, then its own shortcuts take precedence in macOS, and the shortcut for Command + N in Chrome is New Window. Make sure you have the focus on 1Password mini first, then use the shortcut.

• koraykupe
    koraykupe
    Community Member

Yes, but it is not handy. Please improve the user experience. Thanks.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@koraykupe We're always looking to improve the user experience in 1Password where we're able and where it makes sense to do so, but I'm not sure how much room to maneuver we have on this one. As app developers, we're not able to appropriate the Command + N shortcut to have it default to our 1Password mini under all circumstances you might press that key combo. Command + N is macOS convention for new page or new window/document for all applications. If you want to override that, you'd have to set up your own hotkey/shortcut, either in System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts or with a third-party utility. We're open to suggestions, but I'm not sure what you'd like us to change.

• koraykupe
    koraykupe
    Community Member

Thanks for the explanation. Then, why save new login prompt doesn't work on some websites and how can I report them?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@koryakupe - there are a few reasons why 1Password might not ask to save a new login on some sites, most of them having to do with what 1Password looks for to trigger the pop-up vs how the page actually behaves. 1Password certainly should ask -- and usually it does -- but on the occasions when that doesn't happen, the reporting tool isn't going to be what you want to use, as it's useful only for filling issues, not saving logins.

The first thing to try when auto-save fails is to try saving the login manually. This nearly always works, but if it ever fails, then please report the site in question (use the exact login page, please) to support@agilebits.com -- or here on the forum, in the Saving & Filling in Browsers category. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.