Directing Login to a non-default browser

martinliss
martinliss
Community Member

My default browser is Safari but I have some Logins that I'd like instead to open in Firefox. In other words when I double-click on some Logins I'd like those URLs to open in Firefox. I've heard of 'Coosey' but I don't understand how to use it in my situation. Is that the right choice or are there other apps that you use to do that?

1Password Version: 6.8.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@martinliss - I mentioned Choosy to you in my reply to your earlier thread on this forum. To be clear, that's not an AgileBits recommendation, but it is an option for you, if you're interested. You can find it by searching Google or MacUpdate for "Choosy OS X."

• martinliss
    martinliss
    Community Member

Thanks. What I don't understand is how it works and I'd like to know if the following scenario is valid:

1. I install Choosy
    2. I somehow add to Choosy some URLs that I'd like to open in Firefox
    3. In 1Password I double-click on one my Logins that refers to one of the URLs
    4. The webpage opens in Firefox
  • Hi @martinliss

We only have limited experience with Choosy ourselves, so these questions may be better directed to their development team, but my understanding is that yes you can do that. It has options to define rules so that, for example, agilebits.com always opens in Firefox, but google.com always opens in Safari, and any other URLs will prompt you for which you'd like.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.