Help with dropbox sync problem

Options
benzene200
benzene200
Community Member

Hi,
I have been using 1Password on my Mac, iPhone and iPad for a while now. I sync all of them using Dropbox.
This has been working great until today when I realise that my iPad 1password as 320 entries, whereas my iPhone and Mac has 400 entries. It is really odd, and all devices seem to be synchronising properly.
I tried to delete my iPad app and reinstalling it, and re-set up my Dropbox Sync. However, there is still a discrepancy with the number of entries.

Please help.

1Password Version: 6.8.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.13
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @benzene200

Thanks for taking the time to write in. Are you able to identify any items that are present on one device, but not another? Or is it possible that all items are present and it is the item counts that are inaccurate? If you add a new item on one of the devices does it appear on all of the others?

Please let us know the answer to each of the above questions.

Thanks.

Ben

• benzene200
    benzene200
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Ben

I have tried to troubleshoot by creating a secure note in my iPhone, and this syncs okay to my iPad.

However, when I check, there is still the same discrepancy between the number of entries between my iPad and my iPhone / Mac.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@benzene200: Good to know. Can you answer Ben's question?

Are you able to identify any items that are present on one device, but not another?

If not, it sounds like there's just an issue with the item count on one of your devices.

• benzene200
    benzene200
    Community Member
    Options

Yes. There are entries that are missing in the iPad. But they are present in my iPhone and Mac. This is what alerted me that something was amiss.

• Ben
    Options

Okay, thanks for that information. In that case my best recommendation would be to go through the steps outlined here:

If you're having trouble syncing with Dropbox

Ben

This discussion has been closed.