Removing duplicated logins after syncing vaults

Options
dlobron
dlobron
Community Member

Hi there! I've been using 1Password for a long time, with standalone iOS apps synced between several devices using iCloud. Today, I switched over to a Family account. When I did that, I moved all of my logins and other stuff from my old Primary vault over to my Shared vault in the Family account. This seemed to go fine, but for some reason, the new Shared vault has a duplicate copy of all the items. Is there a way to remove the duplicates? I found one article on this:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/72974/duplicate-logins-after-migration-to-account

However, I can't follow this suggestion, because I've deleted my old Primary account. Is there any other way to remove the duplicate items, or should I just delete them manually? Thanks.

1Password Version: 6.8.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.13.2
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Removing duplicated logins after syncing vaults

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dlobron: First of all, thanks for reaching out, and for being a long-time 1Password user! If you've in fact copied all of the same items over to that vault twice (perhaps you performed the migration twice, once on two different devices with the same data; otherwise you'd have to have copied them over two times on the same device), you will need to delete the ones you don't want. All items have a unique ID, so there isn't an automated way to do that...but I'd double check to see if you're just seeing double because you're viewing two vaults with the same data in All Vaults first (since you listed that you're still syncing with iCloud). Anyway, I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• dlobron
    dlobron
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks! I think the duplicates occurred because I first copied the vault and then moved it. I will plan to remove the duplicate manually. Thanks for your help!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dlobron - Yep, that's not going to be the world's quickest procedure, but fortunately you'll only need to do it once. After that, it should be smooth sailing -- but let us know if you run into any difficulties. We're here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.