Share documents on Android

qzmarco
qzmarco
Community Member

Hi team.

It's not possible share downloaded documents on Android? I need to attach an image on e-mail and i doesn't get successful.

Thanks.

1Password Version: 6.7.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@qzmarco: That isn't something 1Password handles, as that's incredibly insecure. To open a file in another app it must be decrypted first. But you can open it with Photos or another image app and share it from there. Again, just keep in mind that 1Password isn't able to protect it at that point — and email is an inherently insecure communication medium. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• qzmarco
    qzmarco
    Community Member

@brenty "But you can open it with Photos or another image app and share it from there". Sorry, i can't find this option on Android app. Do you help me with this?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@qzmarco: Sure! When viewing a Document item in 1Password, you'll have "Tap to (download and) view" under the filename. If you tap that, Android will give you a list of apps that are available to open it with. Once you open it in the app, just use the share menu there (looks like a weird sideways V here) to send it to an email recipient or another app for sharing. Just bear in mind that this is all outside of 1Password at this point. I hope this helps!

• qzmarco
    qzmarco
    Community Member

If you tap that, Android will give you a list of apps that are available to open it with.

That does not happen here. When I select tap and view, the attachment, which in my case is an image, opens as preview and there is no onscreen action button or share button.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@qzmarco: Then you've told Android to "always open" images in an app that does not support sharing. You'll have to change that in Settings > Default Apps. It's not something 1Password has any control over.

• qzmarco
    qzmarco
    Community Member

Can I know which default app is being used to display the images? I use a Galaxy S7 and when the attachment image is displayed, there is no information about which app is in use to display the image.

• qzmarco
    qzmarco
    Community Member

Forget it, I did it!

By default it was opening with the Samsung Gallery. I reset to defaults and I selected Google Photos by default. Now I have the option to share the image.

Thank you.

:)

• qzmarco
    qzmarco
    Community Member

PS: I noticed that in Galaxy S7, Android 7, does not appear the option to open just once / always. Once the app is selected, it will default.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Ah, gotcha. Thanks so much for the update! That may help others as well if they've gotten stuck with everything opening in "Samsung Gallery" after using it once. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.