Cannot export from frozen account on macOS

tkndk
tkndk
Community Member

I wish to export my passwords, but the export option is greyed out. Searching online suggest that I should select a specific vault from the picker, but I only have one vault, so the vault picker is not visible. Tried both on latest release and beta of 1Password 6 for Mac.

1Password Version: 6.8.7-BETA 1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 10.13.3
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:frozen export

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2018

Welcome to the forum, @tkndk! Sorry for the trouble exporting your data just now. That's actually a bug you've stumbled on that we're working on a code-based fix for. Which helps you not at all for your current predicament, so for the moment, here's a workaround:

• Quit the main 1Password app (which should leave the 1Password mini still running in your Mac's menubar)
    • Reopen unlocked OPM
    • Export should be enabled

If you lock 1Password for Mac, then unlock, Export will again be disabled. Quit the app and reopen while still unlocked and Export will be enabled. This is the bit we're working on currently. Let us know if that workaround, uh, works for you. :)

• tkndk
    tkndk
    Community Member

Thanks @Lars, I got it to work.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of Lars, you are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that all is well. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.