To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Installing 1password on new computer and it says secret key does not correspond to my email address

Was just providing with a work computer and am installing 1password
I grabbed my secret key from the active account on my old computer
When I copy and paste it into my new account, it says "Secret Key for this email address should start with A3-NLACBQ"

When I try on version 1password 6, it says simply that it cannot validate my credentials

1Password Version: 6.8.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS High Sierra 10.13.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @Jessica_Jessica! Sorry for the trouble getting 1Password running on your new work computer. If you belong to a 1Password Teams account, you can contact the 1Password Teams Owner or Administrator for assistance getting yourself set up on the new computer. In general, that short snippet (A3-NLACBQ) is the non-secret prefix to your Secret Key -- sort of like an identifier, to make sure you're using the correct one. If it is working on one device, it will work in another (provided the Master Password is also correct). Do you have more than one 1password.com account?

• Jessica_Jessica
    Jessica_Jessica
    Community Member

Ah thank youuuu! We had more than one account, that solved it.

• Thanks for the update @Jessica_Jessica. If we can be of further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.