Can't create new vault

Options
onpoint
onpoint
Community Member

I have family plan which I never implemented other than the vault for my business. Now I want to create a personal vault and new vault is grayed out in menu under preference window.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@onpoint: Unfortunately without some basic information you've left out of your post it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, what do you mean by "family plan"? Have you signed up for a 1Password Families membership, or are you using the standalone app? Thanks in advance! :)

• onpoint
    onpoint
    Community Member
    Options

2012 imac; High Sierra 10.13.3, 1password 6.8.6

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@onpoint - if you're using standalone 1Password (local data), please try File > New Vault.

• CocoM
    CocoM
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same problem! My husband signed up and invited me to a family plan. I can log in and create passwords etc, but I cannot create a new vault. I am using 1Password Version 6.8.8 (688001) Mac App Store

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @CocoM! That's actually working as designed: if you've been invited to a 1Password Families account by someone else, then they are the Family Organizer and you are more than likely a Family Member. One of the distinctions is that members are not empowered to create vaults in the account, while Family Organizers are. Your husband can make you a Family Organizer by clicking on "People" in the sidebar of his own account (in a browser, not the app), and selecting your name, then "promoting" you. The additional benefit of this is that you will both be able to recover each others’ accounts, if one of you forgets your Master Password or loses your Secret Key.

• CocoM
    CocoM
    Community Member
    Options

Great, I understand.. equals in marriage and equals in 1password ;) .. thank you!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@CocoM - I like that! :) Let us know if either of you have any further questions.

This discussion has been closed.