start app showing favourites

Options
JamesHenderson
JamesHenderson
Community Member

Hi,

Is it possible to start-up showing the favourites from the vault you have chosen to start-up in?

1Password Version: 6.8.6
Extension Version: 4.6.12
OS Version: IS X 10.13.3
Sync Type: 1password.com

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@JamesHenderson: Yep! If you have Favorites selected when you close 1Password, it will still be selected when you open it again. Cheers! :)

• JamesHenderson
    JamesHenderson
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty - sorry - just seen this.

Thanks, but I didn't mean that. I meant a "sticky" start-up vault.

cheers!
    J.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@JamesHenderson: I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you're asking then. Favorites is not a vault. Can you elaborate on what you're trying to do?

• JamesHenderson
    JamesHenderson
    Community Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

sure - when I start the app or change vaults, I'd like it to start by selecting "favourites" from the side-bar (regardless of how it was selected before) as these, by definition, are the ones I goto the most.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Gotcha. Currently 1Password allows you to set a default vault to always open to (in Preferences > Vaults), so you could create a Favorites vault for that purpose in the mean time. Perhaps we can add categories to that feature in the future too. Thanks for the suggestion! :)

• JamesHenderson
    JamesHenderson
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @brenty thanks for that suggestion :chuffed: ...but I have 9 vaults already and I don't to double it (a "favourite" vault for each "actual" vault).

cheers,
    J.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Touché. What I had in mind was more along the lines of a vault for all of the Favorites, but of course that may not work depending on your needs. :)

• JamesHenderson
    JamesHenderson
    Community Member
    Options

No, that wouldn't work for me as the vaults are split for very good reasons. For example, I have a "when I am in the US" vault and a "when I am in the UK" vault and...

...mixing them up would cause havoc on credit cards being wrongly selected etc etc.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Yep, that's what I figured. Never hurts to try though. I like that "When I'm in X" idea, actually. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.