I am the administrator on the Family account. I would like to delete my old Primary vault

I am the administrator on the Family account. I would like to delete my old Primary vault. It appears on my browser, but not on 1password.com or the app.

Additionally, I would like to delete a Personal vault that was present when i first signed in. Oddly I do not have permissions to make changes. Please help

Thanks
Daniel

1Password Version: 6.8.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.3
Sync Type: 1password.dom
Referrer: forum-search:How do change permission on the Personal vault that was already present when I signed in

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I am the administrator on the Family account. I would like to delete my old Primary vault. It appears on my browser, but not on 1password.com or the app.

@Daniel Dallabrida: Thanks for reaching out! Indeed, the Primary vault is a local vault which isn't part of a 1Password.com account. You can delete the Primary vault if you no longer need it by disabling local vaults in 1Password for Mac Preferences > Advanced. Just make sure you have everything in your account first. You can verify that by signing into 1Password.com in your web browser.

Additionally, I would like to delete a Personal vault that was present when i first signed in. Oddly I do not have permissions to make changes. Please help

The Personal/Private vault is part of your account and cannot be deleted. That's the only vault which is only ever accessible to you and can never be shared, so you should use it for things only you need access to. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• Gilles_Sergerie
    Gilles_Sergerie
    Community Member
    edited April 2018

Hi Brent, I am also the administrator on the Family account. My Primary Vault is no longer on my MacBook Pro, it has been replaced by the Private Vault. On my wife's iMac as a Family Member, she has a Private Vault but the Primary Vault is showing up. She is using 1Password 6 (version 6.8.8). I did go to preferences>advanced and the local vaults is dimmed unable to disable it. I also noticed that on my MacBook Pro the preferences are different than on the iMac. I did trash the old 1Password 6 and downloaded a new one from your website with no change. What do you suggest?

ref: ZWW-63895-511

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Gilles_Sergerie: It sounds like she has other vaults that need to be dealt with first. Local vaults cannot be disabled if there are more than one.

You've also emailed us separately for some reason, which unfortunately slows down the support process for everyone — including you. Since I see that Laura is already in contact with you there, we'll continue the conversation via email.

This discussion has been closed.