Mac app not syncing changes made on iOS

Options
torbert
torbert
Community Member

Hi, I'm having a very odd issue where the changes I make on iOS are not syncing to my 1Password Mac app. They are, however, syncing fine from the Mac app to the iOS app.

I've got the following setup:

MacBook Pro 13" (Late 2013 model) running macOS 10.13.4 Beta (17E150g)
1Password Version 6.8.6 (686003) Mac App Store

iPhone 8 Plus running iOS 11.3 beta (15E5178f)
Not sure which version 1Password is on there, but it's the most up-to-date one available in the iOS App Store.

Syncing via Dropbox (I've double-checked that they're both using the same database file in Dropbox).

I've done the following:
• Tried triggering a manual sync on iOS to make sure the new password is uploaded.
• Tried quitting and restarting the Mac app
• Tried locking and unlocking the Mac app

The Mac app, oddly enough, says it synced after the iOS manual sync ran, yet the Spotify password that I changed on my iOS device has still not updated on my Mac. The AgileBits forum account that I created on my Mac after I ran the other sync has updated on my iPhone.

I'm flummoxed. It doesn't seem like syncing from Mac to iOS should work without the reverse also working.

Thanks for any suggestions...

Phillip

1Password Version: 6.8.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.4 Beta
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @torbert! Sorry for the sync confusion/issues. I'd like you to try this: On each device where you run 1Password, create a new Secure Note. Give each one a unique name so it's easily identified - I use "from MacBook Pro," "from iPhone," etc. Give everything a moment or two to sync, and then check to see which notes appear on which devices. Let us know what you discover.

• torbert
    torbert
    Community Member
    Options

Okay, I created a note on my MacBook Pro, my iPhone, and my iPad. All three notes have shown up on all three devices.

However, the one password that hasn't shown up yet on my MacBook Pro that prompted the original message is my updated Spotify password. That one still hasn't changed on my MacBook Pro, and I just realized it hasn't changed on my iPad either. The change for that one login was originally made on my iPhone.

So I just went into that login card on my iPhone and updated the website to just read www.spotify.com. That seems to have triggered an update on both my MacBook Pro and iPad, and now everything is up-to-date.

Odd. But it seems like everything is back in working order now...there must have just been something odd about that one login card.

Thanks for the help though!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad to hear that worked to kick Dropbox into gear! It sounds like you should be all set. Cheers! :)

• Boris0609
    Boris0609
    Community Member
    Options

Hey guys,

i have the same problem as @torbert had.
    After i read your posts i created a secure note on my iPhone and on my Mac. The iPhone "1Password" shows the secure note from my Mac but the Mac "1Password" does not show the one from the iPhone.

I am synching via Dropbox since i don't have any WLAN Symbol on my Mac Version.

What can i do?

Cheers and thanks for your suggestions.
    Boris.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @Boris0609! If your 1Password for Mac installation does not have the WLAN Server tab in Preferences, that sounds like you may have created a 1password.com account at some point in the past. Could that be the case? If so, that data is NOT syncing via Dropbox, it's synced via the 1password.com servers. If you have older, standalone data on your iPhone, as well as a 1Password account, you will probably want to figure out whether you want to have both devices using standalone mode (local data), or switch both devices over to your 1password.com account.

If you're certain you've not created a 1password.com account, then something else is going on. Let us know what you discover!

• Boris0609
    Boris0609
    Community Member
    Options

Hey Lars,

just deleted and reinstalled the app on my iPhone. Then connected it with 1Password.com and the Synchronizing Button vanished. I tried out creating a secure note on my iPhone and it worked! ;-)

Thanks for the hint.

Regards,
    Boris.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Boris0609 - you're quite welcome! Glad things are back to normal for you, but let us know if you run into any other difficulties; we're always here to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.