upgrade to new iphone and can't access one password with master password

des24391
des24391
Community Member
edited February 2018 in iOS

Can someone please help me. On my old iphone 6+ i used touch id to access the 1password app, no problem. Today I upgraded to a new iphone and restored from icloud back up. When I went to open my 1password app, the touch id did not show up and i can't remember the password for the app. I know my master password and secret key to access my.1password.com account but that doesn't work on my app. Can someone please tell me how to reset the password on my app??

Thanks
Don

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

ref: RFS-88885-173

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@des24391: Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like you should just sign into your 1Password.com account if you have your data there and know your account credentials.

Keep in mind that the Master Password is needed to decrypt the data though, so you won't be able to use Touch ID until you enter that correctly no matter what.

(Un)fortunately AgileBits has neither your 1Password data nor the Master Password used to secure it, so this isn't something we can 'reset' for you to help directly. However, please try the tips in this guide as they may help you gain access again:

https://support.1password.com/forgot-master-password/

Alternatively, if you're part of a 1Password Family or Team, another Owner, Organizer, or Admin can help you recover your account, so you can create a new Secret Key and Master Password:

https://support.1password.com/recovery/#begin-recovery

If that doesn't help though, you will need to either restore from a backup, sync from another device, or simply start over. You can try as many times as you want. You won’t be “locked out”, but you will not be able to access your data unless you can enter the required Master Password correctly. Please let me know how it turns out.

This discussion has been closed.