What are closely matched pages?

Options
jamescat
jamescat
Community Member

In the preferences there is an option for "Allow filling on pages that closely match saved websites" in the Browsers tab.

What rules or patterns define how a matching page is determined for that option in preferences?

I cannot find a document on your site which defines how loosely or tightly that match is made if I were to turn it on. I would prefer to know what will new things might match before enabling it.

1Password Version: 6.8.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.13.3
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:what defines a match for the "closely match" option in preferences?

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jamescat - Excellent question! My colleague littlebobbytables addresses that in a previous answer to a similar question. Since he's part of the extension team here, I thought I'd direct you to his answer.

Essentially, it allows 1Password to return search results that are not limited to FQDN (Fully-Qualified Domain Name) matches. So, various additional subdomains and the like would also be available when 1Password is checking for available items to fill a specific page. There's a bit of a caveat, however, in that the FQDN results are not prioritized in the results any longer, meaning they're not right at the top, potentially requiring more effort to select the obvious result. I'd only enable this option if you tend to have numerous similar logins at the same domain, and even then, experience may lead you to conclude it's as much additional effort as it saves time. However, it's there for your use if you decide you want it. :)

This discussion has been closed.