Bug: reordering websites in a login entry and then deleting one deletes the wrong website

Options
tastapod
tastapod
Community Member

To reproduce:

• Create and save a login with three websites
  • Edit the login
  • Reorder the websites, e.g. drag the bottom one to the top
  • Delete the middle one

Result: the wrong website gets deleted. I think the delete button is still connected to its original website entry.

Workaround: Delete the website you didn't want, then reorder the remaining ones.

1Password Version: 6.8.6
Extension Version: n/a
OS Version: macOS 10.3.3 Supplemental
Sync Type: iCloud (1P Family account)

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tastapod - thanks for reporting! I can confirm your discovery and have filed an internal bug report for it. You're correct about the workaround - this will allow you to delete what you want successfully. My suspicion is that this has to do in part with the need to re-encrypt items that are in edit mode only when changes are saved (i.e. - changes made are not active until the Save button is pressed, so if you change the websites' order first, that change is not yet available to memory), but our developers will look into it. Thanks for noticing!

ref: OPM-5797

• tastapod
    tastapod
    Community Member
    Options

No worries. Thanks for a great product!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tastapod - no, thank YOU for being a part of a great user community that's willing and able to point things like this out to us. Keep an eye on updates, which is where you'll see the full list of bugs squashed, in release notes. :)

This discussion has been closed.