glow259
glow259
Community Member
edited February 2018 in Mac

iMac 5k retina High Sierra 10.13.3 desktop 1Password version 6.8.7

Hello,

Login in with my Apple ID on Apple Support page etc. is not a problem,
however, 1Password is not responding when iTunes asks me to log in
and have to enter it manually. Recently it has started to prompt me to login twice.
How do I manually include my iTunes login in 1Password . . . or how do I activate
the 1Password prompt 'to save or not to' pop up window?

Thank you
glow259

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:iMac High Sierra desktop iTunes 1Password login problem

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@glow259 - I'm not sure what you're asking; if your saved Login item for your Apple ID works at one site, that means it's saved correctly. iTunes is not a website, it's an app, and Apple does not currently allow us to fill your credentials within iTunes itself.

In general, you can add additional websites to a Login record by visiting the specific URL and capturing it via copy/paste, then clicking Edit on the saved Login item in 1Password and adding the additional login URL after the first one. This will still not allow you to fill your credentials within iTunes itself, however. If that's not what you meant, can you elaborate a bit, please? Thanks.

• glow259
    glow259
    Community Member
    Options

I recall a pop-up a year or 2 ago in my iTunes where 1Password inquired
    to save or not and I didn't know then. I thought this is not a url
    and chanced at another way of processing it.

Thank you for your time ;)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@glow259 - you're quite welcome! Drop by anytime. :)

• glow259
    glow259
    Community Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

27" Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.4 desktop

Re: 1Password Chrome Extension still showing "desktop app required" even after several attempts.

I'm able to log in automatically to websites with no problem if it is in non-incognito mode. But I have to log in manually in Chrome incognito mode. See screenshots for details.

Safari is not an option for me to use for quite some time now as it will not import my chrome bookmarks; Fox is unstable and kept losing it (uninstalling) after Mac start/restart. Kindly advise. Thanx

1) Open image in New Tab for readable size

2)

• Ben
    Options

Hi @glow259

Chrome extensions have to be specifically enabled for incognito mode. Open Chrome > More Tools > Extensions > 1Password (details) > and slide the "allow in incognito" slider to on.

"1Password (desktop app required" is the name of the extension. It is always going to say that. ;)

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• glow259
    glow259
    Community Member
    Options

Gotcha! Thank you, Ben.

'Cinco de Mayo' is just around the corner. Watch out for unstable cinco'ed cars riding the yellow line. Take care ;)

• Ben
    Options

You're very welcome. :)

'Cinco de Mayo' is just around the corner. Watch out for unstable cinco'ed cars riding the yellow line.

😂

Take care ;)

You as well. :)

Ben

• glow259
    glow259
    Community Member
    Options

Re: 1Password7 for my iMac 10.13.5?

I do not know what to do and can't seem to work around to get it. I hope the foto
    collage will help to visually explain the seeming confusion. Thanx for the help

• glow259
    glow259
    Community Member
    Options

Re: 1Password7 for my iMac 10.13.5? (2)

Hi,

Facebook and 1Password worked with my Motorola Tracfone briefly and does not work with current replacement.
    I'm not active with my cell as far as texting and only use it on the road for calls. I will try to download it again on my latest iMac upgrade 10.13.5 installed on June 10.

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @glow259! You can download 1Password 7 from our website to get started with it. More on the upgrade on this here support guide.

If you're having trouble with 1Password on your Motorola phone, let me know exactly what's not working (has the app downloaded? are you stuck on the setup screen? is it crashing?) and I'll be right here to help more. :)

• glow259
    glow259
    Community Member
    Options

PLEASE - I use my cellphone on the road for car emergencies ONLY. I do not text, etc., as stated on June 11 above.
    What will happen to my Desktop iMac 1Password 6.8.9 if I do not download the version 7? I'm happy with it, the simpler
    the better. But 1Password 7 will not download on my 27" 5k retina desktop, as shown in the montage below Telling me to quit

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@glow259 - The reason you're getting those dialogue boxes is because you did not fully quit 1Password 6 for Mac prior to installing version 7. The installer for version 7 will check for any running 1Password processes, and when it finds any, it will give you that dialogue box telling you to quit whatever's still running. In your case, it was 1Password 6 for Mac's mini (the 1Password icon in your Mac's toolbar). If you click the "Quit All" button, the installer will continue. To be clear: that "Quit All" button doesn't mean it's quitting the installer, it's going to quit running processes and then continue the installation.

But I'm a little confused -- do you want to install version 7, or not?

What will happen to my Desktop iMac 1Password 6.8.9 if I do not download the version 7? I'm happy with it, the simpler

the better.
    If you don't want version 7, don't install it. 6.8.9 was the current version of 1Password until just a couple of weeks ago, so it still works quite well on all modern versions of macOS. Nothing will "happen" other than that there won't likely be any further updates of version 6 now that version 7 is out. Hope this helps! :)

• glow259
    glow259
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for taking the time to clarify to have a clearer understanding of the need to sign out of 1Password 6.8.9 which I currently have, before installing 1Password 7. Let me just repeat . . . I only use my iMac desktop and do not have any wireless gadgets involved with it.

Cell phones are for road emergencies or car breakdowns or meeting with friends at designated places.

Again, Thanx

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:) :+1:

• glow259
    glow259
    Community Member
    Options

:) Thanx Brenty

• glow259
    glow259
    Community Member
    Options

Re: macOS High Sierra 10.13.5

Wow, I'm stuck with no 1Password to work with after successfully downloading 1Password 7. I have no 1Password icon sitting
    on the top right menu to log in. I do not know how to proceed with further steps required. My best protection is to save all those passwords by manually rewriting them ( arduous work) and locked away in a secret place if 1Password fails me next time. As of now, I have nothing.

Thank goodness I still have 1Password6.app.zip sitting in my iMac Applications

Kindly assist right away and hope for a quick solution Thanx

Thank goodness my bank account is not in it, no offense of course

• Ben
    Options

@glow259

With the recommended option selected, as it is in the screenshot you posted, click on “use selected data.”

Ben

• glow259
    glow259
    Community Member
    Options

Kudos Ben ;)

• glow259
    glow259
    Community Member
    Options

Re: how to access "Secret Key" or Set-up code

I'm going around in circles for 2 days now getting a break to rest, sorry. Is the sign-in address of 1Password, the URL as such, so I can enter the account details manually and hopefully include the "set-up code" from there. I may need to re-install 1Password 6.8.9 again till I get past the hurdle of 1Password 7. Is this ok to do everytime I hit a hurdle for a version 7? Further assistance will be appreciated. Thank you.

The report photo in the collage attached is prolly meant as a Report auto-feature in me latest iMac High Sierra 6.8.9 for Apple tech programming or correction etc.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@glow259: If you close the other windows and click "Scan your Setup Code" in the "Welcome to 1Password" window, you can use your Mac's camera to scan the code on your Emergency Kit or another device, or from another window on the screen (for example, if you have the 1Password.com website open to your account). Does that help?

• glow259
    glow259
    Community Member
    Options

I'm going to enter it here as I have no permission? and still having problems

• glow259
    glow259
    Community Member
    Options

Please help me with what I do not understand to further assist you with what you need. Thank you

• glow259
    glow259
    Community Member
    Options

Kudos Ben ;)

Sunday 08.19.2018 9:17 pm est

I do not know what is going on so I took a screenshot so someone can further assist me
    with what's needed for further help

• glow259
    glow259
    Community Member
    edited August 2018
    Options

Something is going on that is not uploading my latest screenshot for further assistance. I attempted to edit the comment and now I do not have permission is popping up. I wish someone will help me. Unfortunately, I'm still in 1Password 6 at this time till I finally get to 1Password 7 :(

My Post is in the Mac Group posts. I also have a screenshot of the post which continues to fail to upload here :( Sorry, I really do not know what to do at this time for help

Thank you.

• glow259
    glow259
    Community Member
    edited August 2018
    Options

08.20.2018 at 2:38 a.m.

My 1Password mini icon on my MacOS Sierra version 10.13.6 desktop PC is gone and that means I cannot log in to anywhere. Even the 1Password icon on chrome browser does not function; That also means I cannot log in on any site that requires 1Password where everything for every site is in it, like Facebook account, Amazon, Gmail access, yahoo email, etc. Thank goodness I still have my 1Password master password, but what good is it if the 1Password icon is gone. This happened after I successfully downloaded a currently useless 1Password 7. Useless because it is missing the keyhole icon to make it work, to enter my master password so it can log me into any website. It will be useless to go back to 1Password 6 because of the 1Password icon is gone. I do not know what else to say. I will log in here manually to check for tech support responses. It won't work with affiliated yahoo email account because 1Password has the password for that email. If my bank account is in Password, OH MY it will be the end of everything with regards to my finances. Do you have a solution to my problem? I need it badly . . . seriously. I need help. Is "quit all" responsible for the disappearance of the said 1Password icon with no replacement by 1Password version 7 after downloading it? Thank you for the immediate assistance.

• glow259
    glow259
    Community Member
    edited August 2018
    Options

"Quit ALL" image:

• glow259
    glow259
    Community Member
    edited August 2018
    Options

I wish I can post the details of my 2015 purchase of 1Password 5 and 6, together with my Order # [removed by 1Password team — this is a public forum] if I remember correctly. My yahoo email address guard is [removed by 1Password team — this is a public forum]. The new address guard created for 1Password 7 is
    [removed by 1Password team — this is a public forum]. Both are one email destination except it is designated to a different folder for 1Password 7.
    Bottomline, 1Password 6.8.9 (?) also have the password login to access the above-mentioned email address where the login icon is now missing on my iMac menu bar located on the top right corner. I do not know how to locate the set-up code and account information, much less enter it manually.

Thank you for the immediate assistance.

• glow259
    glow259
    Community Member
    edited August 2018
    Options

Sorry if I appear as being redundant and since It keeps failing to upload my own screenshot, the google image URL below shows the i1Password icon that is missing on my iMac 5k retina desktop PC menu bar. Thank you.

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&biw=2048&bih=950&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=ieh6W43pDsKWsAf4jrrYAQ&q=1Password+icon+shown+on+Mac+desktop+menu+bar&oq=1Password+icon+shown+on+Mac+desktop+menu+bar&gs_l=img.3...91984.126222.0.127781.19.19.0.0.0.0.82.1424.19.19.0....0...1c.1.64.img..0.0.0....0.b4f9je_m-Fk#imgrc=Firdc81-eY1-qM:

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@glow259 - you're not being redundant, but I am having a hard time figuring out what you're wanting to do. from your most-recent screen shot, it looks as if you're missing the anchor button? Is that it? Or were there other things not working properly as well?

• glow259
    glow259
    Community Member
    edited August 2018
    Options

If the 1Password keyhole icon is to be called 'anchor button' then I will call it that.
    If I successfully downloaded 1Password version 7 this time, what else do I need to do
    to make the anchor button appear on the iMac menu bar on the top right corner? It is missing because I clicked 'quit all'?

With 1Password 7, I do not know how and where to find to scan the setup code. I also do not know where to find so I can manually enter account details manually, hoping that will also put the anchor button on the menu bar to get it going.

The following info is my 1Password 5 original purchase:

[removed by 1Password team — this is a public forum]

Thank you Lars

This discussion has been closed.