Failure to sync: MacOS x2 + iOS using iCloud

Options
pbuck
pbuck
Community Member

Noticed a login added two days ago to MacBook wasn't appearing on my iMac. Checked iPhone, also not updated.

Sync is using iCloud, verified same appleid on each device, verified all reported as recently sync'd, verified all most recent 1password version.

Following advice found on this forum, created Secure Note with different name on each of the three devices. Saved, waited an hour. No updates in any direction. Power cycled each device to "force"? synchronization. Each device reports recently sync'd, yet Secure Notes are not sync'd.

Thoughts? been working well for years.

1Password Version: 6.8.7
Extension Version: 4.6.12
OS Version: OS X 10.13.3
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @pbuck! Sorry to hear about the sync inconsistencies. The only thoughts I have about what you've described is that perhaps you've saved the item to a different vault? Other than that, I'd want to get some diagnostics reports to check what might be going on. If you created a new Secure Note on each device, and none of them are syncing showing up on any device except the one on which they were created, then something's definitely wrong, and we'd need a closer look to be able to see what it is. Are you using multiple vaults on each device?

• pbuck
    pbuck
    Community Member
    edited February 2018
    Options

Thanks Lars, Single vault on each device. (the only vault defined.. "Primary")

Perhaps should also say, I'm using the application , not the subscription model.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@pbuck - OK, thanks. Wasn't actually expecting that to be the case, just was the only thing I could think of that doesn't require a closer look. Since that's NOT the case, however, then the next step would be: I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports, one from each of your devices.

—Mac—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

—iOS—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?ios

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics email before sending it:

[#SCS-54173-362]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. We'll take a look and let you know what we find out.

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @pbuck only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: SCS-54173-362

• pbuck
    pbuck
    Community Member
    Options

Fixed it. Problem was, though I was logged into iCloud, I did not have iCloud Drive enabled on MacOSX. By enabling iCloud Drive in MacOSX preferences, I was able to get data to synchronize.

After running your diagnostics and looking at output, I saw errors related to "iCloud". That led me to look more deeply into iCloud. May I suggest better diagnostics within MacOSX versions -- clearly, they were not synching successfully (with iCloud logged in, but iCloud Drive disabled), though they did report sync success.

Given my success, I'm not going to send diagnostics report. Thanks for the support!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad to hear it! We do have a great iCloud troubleshooting guide though that does cover this. Nothing can sync via iCloud if iCloud Drive is disabled — neither Documents & Data nor CloudKit. Anyway, happy that it's working again once you turned it on. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.