how do I find the backup file in dropbox on the software version - trying to recover the file

Options
LADDIE
LADDIE
Community Member

I have been using the software version on my Mac. My Mac recently died and I had to get a new hard drive. I have dropbox and think the file may be on dropbox as a backup. I am currently reloading dropbox but don't know where to look for the file. Sorry I don't know the version but it is not very old since I update all the time. Can you help?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:how do I find dropbox backup file

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@LADDIE: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! 1Password does not save backup archives in Dropbox. If you were syncing with Dropbox, you'll find a .opvault or .agilekeychain vault where you saved it. Otherwise, if you have a Time Machine or full disk backup on an external drive, you'll find 1Password's backup archives in one of these locations:

Mac App Store version:

~/Library/Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper/Data/Library/Backups/

AgileBits Store version:

~/Library/Application Support/1Password 4/Backups/

If you don't have a copy of your data in one of those places or on another device though, you'll need to start over. Let me know what you find!

• LADDIE
    LADDIE
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your help. I found the file and was able to restore it.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Awesome! Thanks for the update. You are most welcome! I'm glad to hear you were able to recover your data from a backup. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.