Why does 1Password on macOS take so long to unlock now?

Options
avendano
avendano
Community Member

I’m running 1P v6.8.6 on two macs under macOS 10.13.3 and for the last few weeks unlocking the app or using mini can take a minute or more to respond. Restarting has no effect.
I also use the app on iOS with no problems.
I’ve seem this problem appear on this forum but the discussions are now closed and the answers are no longer visible.

1Password Version: 6.8.6
Extension Version: 4.6.12
OS Version: macOS 10.13.3
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @avendano! There could be a number of reasons why that's happening, so the first thing I'd like you to try is making a current backup by clicking File > Backup. Then Quit 1Password and the Mini by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu) and delete 1Password from your Mac. Don't use any app cleaners or uninstallers to do this, as these programs can remove more data than we want them to. Just drag the 1Password app to the Trash, then restart your Mac.

When your Mac restarts, download 1Password from where you initially purchased it (either the Mac App Store or from us), then launch 1Password and locate your existing data (if it's not already present). Let us know if that relieves the delay-on-open issue for you.

• avendano
    avendano
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Lars! That seems to have done it. I'll do the same thing at home this evening and hopefully that will get back to normal again.
    Thanks again.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@avendano - glad to hear it! Let us know if you run into any issues tonight when you repeat the process with your home Mac. Cheers! :-)

• avendano
    avendano
    Community Member
    Options

All is well now. Thanks again, Lars.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@avendano - 😊👍🏻

This discussion has been closed.