To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Can't login to 1password.com, have emergency kit

Options
xtopolis
xtopolis
Community Member
edited February 2018 in Memberships

Wanted to try out the new Pwned Passwords integration, but it's web only so far.

Tried to login to my.1password.com, but it says my credentials are invalid. I have my emergency kit and copy pasted the information and used the same master password that unlocks my 1password app. I also tried scanning the QR code in both the iOS app and Mac App, but it still says my credentials are invalid.

I have my email receipt from 2013, and 1pass 5/6 licenses in my vault.

1Password Version: Version 6.8.6 (686004)
_Extension Version: 4.6.12.90
_OS Version: 10.13.3 (17D102)
_Sync Type:
Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Can't login to 1password.com, have emergency kit

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

I'm wondering where or when you got your emergency kit. Because this did not exist in 2013. Also it is associated with a subscription, not a licence. I am thinking that it might have been just a trial.

• Hey @xtopolis! I'm thinking the same thing as danco. Did you happen to buy a 1Password license and create an Emergency Kit yourself using the fancy PDF on Productivityist? If so, that wouldn't have included a Secret Key and I’m sorry for the confusion about an account.

Since you made a one-time purchase of 1Password, you didn't get an account. 1Password accounts are part of subscriptions, which have automatic sync between your devices, access to 1Password anywhere, and an account to access everything. You can create one to get the benefits accounts include, or you can keep using 1Password as you always have. Check out this article for more info about 1Password accounts:

What are the benefits of a 1Password membership?

Hope that helps clear things up!

• xtopolis
    xtopolis
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

Looks like you guys are right, I misunderstood that 1Password.com was an additional product(membership) as opposed to being included with my app purchase. Whatever account I have must have been a separate trial account as indicated. Thanks for the clarification.

• normsky
    normsky
    Community Member
    edited February 2018
    Options

Also, if you are still interested on testing Pwned Password feature and want to use the same email address you used from the expired trial version; you can submit a request to reset that email/account and re-register on 1password.com for another trial account.

Or, you can always register with another email address that you control, which ever you prefer.

• john_m
    john_m
    1Password Alumni
    Options

And just to add to normsky's comments @xtopolis, if you ever have any questions that relate to a specific account of yours and you need to discuss account details, you can always reach out to us via email as well and we'll be happy to help you out: https://support.1password.com/contact/

This discussion has been closed.