App not loading from Keyboard

Options
Chewie
Chewie
Community Member

Hi!

So I've been using 1password, both on computer and android for about a year now, it's really been great. However recently, maybe in the past couple of weeks to a month (from an update maybe?) I cannot use the Android app through the 1password keyboard.

If I open the app itself up, I can login via fingerprint/Master Password no problem - I can access my stuff, and copy and paste the passwords I need across.

However, when I use the keyboard, I long press the logo button to open the app, and it prompts me for my fingerprint/password. Then...nothing. The screen stays darkened as though the app is being drawn on top (and it says the app is open in recent apps), but nothing is displayed.

I noticed this change around the same time the app had a (visual?) update. Before, when I used the keyboard to open the app, it opened up full screen, the same as the app starts up. But ever since the keyboard has opened it up as an overlay (the fingerprint prompt in the center of the screen with a darkened screen around it), it hasn't been able to display anything after I login.

Any ideas? The app definitely has permissions set to draw over other apps.

1Password Version: 6.7.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 7.0
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Chewie: Thanks for reaching out. It sounds like the change you're referring to is the new accessibility/autofill methods. Do you have your device rooted and/or are you using any 3rd party apps that modify the UI or display? We've had a report that there may be some issues with things like that. It sounds like something is preventing 1Password from being displayed when you open it from the keyboard. Which filling features do you have enabled in 1Password Settings?

• Chewie
    Chewie
    Community Member
    Options

Honestly not sure if my device is rooted currently. The only app I can think of that would affect the UI is Twilight, but the problem persists even when that app is paused.

As for the filling features, I have Keyboard enabled, accessibility disabled, and autofill is greyed out, obviously, as my android is only 7.0

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Honestly not sure if my device is rooted currently.

@Chewie: I hate to be a pain, but can you check?

The only app I can think of that would affect the UI is Twilight, but the problem persists even when that app is paused.

I actually have Twilight installed myself and am not experiencing this issue. I do have the free version though, so I don't know if that makes a difference.

As for the filling features, I have Keyboard enabled, accessibility disabled, and autofill is greyed out, obviously, as my android is only 7.0

Thanks! Do you have any success enabling accessibility?

• Chewie
    Chewie
    Community Member
    Options

No problem! Checked with an App, it isn't rooted currently.

I tried twilight after force stopped, same problem.

I enabled accesibility, and tried logging in with something on chrome - the autofill button came up, but when I pressed it and tried to login to the app, same problem happened

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Chewie: Thanks for checking that for me! I've asked a colleague to take a look at this to see if there's something else that needs to be looked at to try to narrow down the problem, so he'll get back to you as well. I do have one question that may or may not prove relevant though: is this a Xiaomi device? Either way, I'd love to know what model it is, in case that proves insightful. :)

• Chewie
    Chewie
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty , thanks for getting back to me so quickly! It's an HTC10 - more specficially, the HTV32, the HTC sold in Japan (I'm living out there atm). Hope that helps!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Chewie: いいね。電車で楽しんでください!~_^

I'm afraid I don't have any experience with that device though. It looks like that might only be available through au.

If you disable the accessibility filling for 1Password, does it work normally then?

If you're still having trouble, the best thing to do will be to restart your device, reproduce the same issue by trying to open 1Password from the keyboard, and then generate a diagnostic report so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Please send it to support@agilebits.com and add the following Support ID (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending:

[#JIZ-36989-173]

If you’re reading this and you are not Chewie, this Support ID is for Chewie only. Please ask us for your own if you also need help.

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. Let me know once you've sent it. Once we see it we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

ref: JIZ-36989-173

• Chewie
    Chewie
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty 日本の電車すごいね! 

I sent the report - might have sent it twice, I goofed up the Support ID slightly the first time. Thanks for your quick responses!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Chewie: Likewise, thanks for your cooperation! Sending twice is better than none since we're not paying postage on email yet. ;) Anyway, I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

• mverde
    Options

@Chewie I'm glad to see that Peri was able to help you work around the issue by turning off "lock on exit". We're still looking into this issue and why it only seems to affect certain devices. Hopefully we'll be able to get it fixed in an upcoming update.

• Chewie
    Chewie
    Community Member
    Options

@mverde @brenty

Thank you both! The workaround is doing great so far, and I hope to see the functionality back soon. I've got it set to lock after 30 seconds atm, so I'm not losing out much at all.

On a side note, and I said this in the email correspondence too, thank you for what has been frankly a wonderful customer service experience. I dunno if there's some kind of place I can rate and review you all other than google play (which I've done now), but you have been fab. Thanks again!

• mverde
    Options

@Chewie I'm very happy to hear that your experience has been a positive one. Thank you for leaving your feedback on Google Play, it's a huge help to us!

This discussion has been closed.