1password mini won't detect or fill saved usernames, websites or passwords.

brad_lockhart
brad_lockhart
Community Member

I love your product and rely on it daily. I noticed shortly after the last update that the 1password mini won't detect or fill saved usernames, websites or passwords. It also recommends adding the Chrome extension even though I have it installed. I've tried quitting Chrome, deleting the extension and quitting 1password. No luck. HELP!

1Password Version: 6.8.7
Extension Version: 4.6.12.90
OS Version: 10.13.3
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:won't fill username and password

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@brad_lockhart -- it sounds like something is interfering with the communication between 1Password mini and the browser extension. Do you notice this behavior only in Chrome, or in all browsers? And when you say "quitting 1Password," did you make sure to Quit 1Password and the Mini by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu)? If not, please try that, and let me know how that works for you?

• brad_stihl
    brad_stihl
    Community Member

I am having the same problem as brad,and i just quit 1Password as you suggested by holding down the control and option keys then choosing "quit. Then i signed back in and no change at all. I use the App a lot for bank accounts and such so it sucks that it does not work in Chrome but does fine in Safari.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @brad_stihl! I'm sorry for the trouble. However, it's working just fine in Chrome here -- and since Chrome is by far the largest share of the browser market (even on Mac), I suspect we'd be hearing quite a bit more about this if 1Password truly "wasn't working in Chrome," across the board.

So, let's see if we can't figure out what's going on in your specific setup. Can you tell us what version of OS you're using, what version of Chrome, and what version of 1Password for Mac and of the Chrome browser extension (version numbers for all, please, not just "latest")? Thanks.

• brad_stihl
    brad_stihl
    Community Member

I am having the same problem as brad,and i just quit 1Password as you suggested by holding down the control and option keys then choosing "quit. Then i signed back in and no change at all. I use the App a lot for bank accounts and such so it sucks that it does not work in Chrome but does fine in Safari.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@brad_stihl - yes, you just said that, and I replied, above. :)

• brad_stihl
    brad_stihl
    Community Member

Hi, lars....It is working on mine now too. I had uninstalled and installed 1Password 3 times and did a couple re-starts plus the other things you mentioned trying. So I have no idea what was going wrong or why it is working now. I just went to my bank website and it filled everything out as it should. I am running High Sierra 10.13.3 ....Chrome Version 64.0.3282.186 and 1Password 4.70.90
    Thanks for getting back to me so quickly....Brad

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@brad_stihl - Excellent! I'm glad to her you were able to get things sorted out. Let us know if you have any further problems with it.

This discussion has been closed.