Unable to unlock agilekeychain file anymore

wubbajack
wubbajack
Community Member

Hi!

We've been using 1password (standalone version) for quite some time at work and still use dropbox sync for our shared 1password vaults. Since a week or two new people haven't been able to get into the main vault using the password we set up for it.

I've been scouring the app for a way to change the master password but that doesn't seem possible, making it seem unlikely that the password of the password file has been changed.

Would anyone know of a way to either change to password or to re-export the vault to an agile keychain using 1 password 6? If all is this fails, would there be an alternative way to get syncing working again with compromising the security of our passwords (so no "plain" export).

P.S. I'm running 1pw6 as I've also got my personal account setup, but this is not the situation for all our employees.

1Password Version: 6.8.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.13.2
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @wubbajack! And before I say anything else, thanks for being long-time 1Password users in your business! I focused in on your PS about having a personal account set up. If you mean that you've been using a 1password.com account in your personal life, then you're probably already aware of just how much easier and more flexible it is to use -- but did you know how much easier it makes sharing resources in a business environment as well? If not, the short answer is: tons easier.

I mention that because if you've had an individual 1Password account, then you may not have gotten a chance to experience 1Password Teams. It makes issues like the one you're having with Dropbox sync/sharing/password changing a thing of the past, literally: sync issues just don't exist like they can with advanced, 3rd-party sync APIs like Dropbox. Just a thought for the future.

In terms of the current situation, we've actually put together a great step-by-step guide for troubleshooting Dropbox sync, and that's where I'd recommend you start: make sure all of that appears to be working properly; you may find your solution right there, depending on how you have things set up. Let us know how that works for you.

This discussion has been closed.