Unexpected "1Password can't verify the identity of your web browser"

PatriciaW43
PatriciaW43
Community Member

I was in the midst of composing an email - not using 1Password at all when this message popped up. It was related to Google Chrome. Why would it send this message when it wasn't being used?

1Password Version: 6.8.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• PatriciaW43
    PatriciaW43
    Community Member

In addition, when I went to Chrome to investigate it informed me that I had disabled cookies so I couldn't have been using it for any site that required them.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2018

@PatriciaW43 - that sounds very much as if Chrome was performing an auto-update in the background, and when it completed, the identifier was no longer the same, which made 1Password say it did not recognize your browser. We're not responsible for how you manage cookies in your browser, so I can't say what might be going on there, but have you checked out the functionality of 1Password since receiving this message? Did it work?

If not, I'd like you to please close and restart Chrome and 1Password. For 1Password, Quit 1Password and the Mini by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu). Then restart both and see if you can use 1Password normally in Chrome. Let us know what you discover!

This discussion has been closed.