Android app does not match any of the instructions online

mrphin
mrphin
Community Member

The Android does not have any of the options listed in the help or forums to setup my Family account, I have only three options:

• Dropbox
  • WLAN server
  • Local storage

Why is this happening, I really would like to have this available on my phone.

Thanks

1Password Version: 6.7.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 4.4.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mrphin: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! As mentioned in the app description, 1Password.com accounts cannot work on Android 4, as it lacks any of the more recent security improvements and crypto support that 1Password.com depends on for its functionality. You'll need to upgrade to Android 5 or higher for that option to be available, since it won't work otherwise. I'm sorry I don't have better news for you now, but upgrading will get you a lot of other great stuff as well — in addition to no longer being vulnerable to security issues in the browser and OS which have been fixed in recent years. :blush:

• mrphin
    mrphin
    Community Member

It might be helpful if this limitation was included in the description on the Android Play store or message on the start screen warning older Android users to the limitations. I can't think that may Android uses look the web to install an app, I myself went directly to the Play store . Also, I looked at the link you provided and found it less then intuitive, I hate to admit it but it took a minute for me to comprehend that the 1Password app somehow doesn't support a "1Password Account". It is a confusing concept, for us not failure the the history of 1Password, why there is an app available for an older version of Android that doesn't do anything. Thank you for your reply.

• Sorry for the trouble, @mrphin. I'll pass your feedback on to our team. In the meantime, if you're not able to update to Android 5.0, I recommend accessing your account on Android using Chrome or another browser. https://support.1password.com/1password-com-items/

This discussion has been closed.